share this on

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Death of a Saint

This summer has been quite different from other summers. I attended more funerals this summer than in a course of last five years.
A couple of faithful saints, who were a part of my current church, passed away. A sister of one of the faithful ladies died also. Many families of our church lost their loved ones.
I went to the funeral services. I went to the graveyard. However, their deaths didn't affect me as much as the death of Nabeel Qureshi, who passed away after losing a battle to cancer. He was only 34 years old. Nabeel had a wife and a daughter, who is only two years old.
I have never met Nabeel in person, but I have been following his ministry since 2013. He was a part of RZM ministries. Nabeel's testimony has touched many people across the world, including mine. Even though I haven't met Nabeel Qureshi in person, I had a chance to interact with him through twitter. I know that it was one of Nabeel's many social media interactions but for me, it was one of its kind. I am eternally grateful for it.
Nabeel Qureshi became a Christian after thoroughly studying Christianity. His parents immigrated from Pakistan to the USA. Nabeel was a Muslim. His beliefs were challenged at the college by a Christian roommate.
After becoming a Christian, Nabeel dedicated his life to follow Jesus Christ. He became apologetic. Nabeel did a lot of work. He is missed by many. The impact was great. I cannot wait to meet him in heaven someday. 
 "Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." John 12:24




2 comments:

  1. I watched his testimony on youtube,with Japanese subtitle.Many ex-islamic christians open their testimonies nowadays and it surprise me so.I like listening christian hymns of various languages on youtube, and I've found many comments written by them.(from Turkey,Egypt,Syria,India etc).I read kolan and book of islamic theology translated into Japanese to write my report when I was university students,more than 20 years ago.I already was a christian,but at that time never imagined to read testimonies of ex-islamic christians in the future.

    I did not know much about his personal ministry,but can guess that his testimony and works brought big impact.Thank you for telling about him and sharing.I could find another video about him with Japanese subtitle today.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. His testimony had a profound impact on many people. His wife has been continuing Nabeel's ministry.

    ReplyDelete